We’re passionate about birds and nature. That’s why we opened a Wild Birds Unlimited Nature Shop in our community.
1650 Limekiln Pike
Dresher, PA 19025
Phone: (215) 654-1993
Fax: (215) 654-1992
Email: Send Message
Mon - Fri: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm
Sat: 9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Sun: 12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
• Raptors begin their southern migration. Visit Hawk Mountain, PA., a WBU Pathways to Nature site - you may see 'kettles' of 1,000 Broad-winged Hawks.
• Turtle eggs hatch; hatchlings head for the nearest water.
• Monarch Butterfly migration peaks mid-month.
• Bats are busy feeding, building fat for hibernation and migration.
• Blackbird (grackles, cowbirds and redwings) flocks can number in the thousands.
• Fall migration peaks for warblers and others.
• Bucks are polishing their antlers; look for buck rubs.
• Peak of Blue-winged Teal migration.
• Most hummingbirds depart by the end of month.
• Robins are in large flocks, feeding on crab apples.
• First juncos and White-throated Sparrows can appear by the end of this month.
• Ripe hickory nuts, walnuts and other “mast” may distract squirrels from your feeders.
• Goldenrod and Asters are in bloom.